Unlock For Us

Unlock ME! "Hidden Windows XP Serial Key"

Last month, a friend of mine ask me.
"Why is it that when I re-installed Windows XP on my laptop, it did not ask for a license key? Where can I find it?"

A day before, I am trying to pre-configure my Windows installation disc. I noticed that there is a file located in the disc that has the Product key. It contains information about how to automate the installation or upgrade so the setup runs without requiring user input.

Where is it?
Open windows explorer and go to the [discdrive]\I386 folder, browse for "Winnt.sif" file and drag it to notepad...

Enjoy!


WinGuggle, Recover your Windows and Office Product Key easily



3 Comments:

Unknown said...

You are GOD!!! Thanks

Gord said...

Great tip.... anything similar for Vista?

LawrenceAlbert said...

Thank you very much Gord! Now, I'm busy with the next version of WinBubble. After that, I'll focus again in publishing hacks like this...I'll try to find something like this in Vista. Stay tuned!

To maria: You're welcome! I'll published more good hacks, Stay Tuned!

 

© Naga Heavy Industries (NHI) @2024| Blogger| License Agreement